Major rail disruption between Peterborough and Doncaster until 16:00
Grand Central between London Kings Cross and Sunderland / Bradford Interchange
Hull Trains between London Kings Cross and Hull
Virgin Trains East Coast between London Kings Cross and Leeds / York / Newcastle / Edinburgh / Aberdeen / Inverness
The overhead electric wires have been damaged near Retford on the line towards Doncaster. As a consequence, journeys between Peterborough and Doncaster are expected to be delayed by up to 120 minutes. Some trains may be able to divert between Newark North Gate and Doncaster, extending journey times.
We anticipate disruption will continue until 16:00.
To help with your journey, there is mutual ticket acceptance in place with Grand Central, Hull Trains and Virgin Trains East Coast.
Advice for Grand Central customers:
Customers may also use Virgin Trains services between London Euston and Manchester Piccadilly. As well as TransPennine Express and Northern services on reasonable routes from Manchester Piccadilly.
Advice for Hull Trains customers:
Customers may also use Northern services between Doncaster and Hull. Customers at Retford and Doncaster should speak to station staff for further advice.
Advice for Virgin Trains East Coast customers:
Alternative routes are available for customers.
Customers with tickets dated for today can travel tomorrow instead.
To help you with your journey, tickets will be accepted on the following services:
- Grand Central between London Kings Cross and Doncaster / Northallerton
- Virgin Trains between London Euston and Glasgow Central
- East Midlands Trains between St Pancras and Sheffield
- Hull Trains on all reasonable routes
- TransPennine Express between Leeds and Sheffield
- CrossCountry on all reasonable routes
- Northern between Leeds and York and also between Doncaster and Sheffield
- Road transport which has been requested to run between Retford and Doncaster
If you have any questions please contact your dedicated Review Travel consultants.